Capture the changing beauty of Oregon’s seasons aboard our most popular ride as you journey through woods, orchards, and vineyards. All aboard!
TOUR OREGON BY TRAIN!
The Mount Hood Railroad offers an unforgettable train journey through the scenic valleys of the Columbia River Gorge in the shadow of Mt. Hood in Oregon.
WE'RE HARD AT WORK TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
We’ve instituted some changes this season to help keep our staff, guests, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. They include:
- Practicing social distancing at all times.
- Booking seats as far apart as possible (subject to passenger numbers), but always with a minimum of 3 feet between passengers.
- Staggering table seating so you will never have anyone opposite you or across the aisle.
- Mandating face masks must be worn at all times unless eating or drinking in assigned seats.
- Reducing excursion times from 5 hours to an hour.
- Cleaning at least every four hours and in between train rides.
Stay safe, and we’ll see you for a beautiful Mt. Hood Railroad Excursion soon!
You’ll feel the holiday magic in the air the moment you arrive! The Mt. Hood Christmas Train captures the spirit of the season with its warmth and charm. Your family will love it!
- 1.5 hours Duration 1.5 hours
Leaving the valley floor you will cross and ride along 3 miles of the lower main fork of the Hood River while we navigate a 3% grade that takes you on one of only five switchbacks remaining in the United States. All the while, you’ll be enjoying peek-a-boo views of Mt Hood, Oregon’s tallest peak!
- 1 hour Duration 1 hour