A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOUR TRIP
- Please pick up your train tickets under your last name at the WILL CALL window prior to boarding on the day of your scheduled trip. When picking up tickets, please arrive at the station at least 30 minutes prior to departure of your train. Directions and a road map to our Mount Hood Railroad depot can be found on our directions page.
- Each car is assigned seating. You may upgrade to First Class/Upper Dome seating prior to boarding for an additional charge and based on availability. Please note that if you would like your party to be seated with another party you will need to confirm that when making a reservation. Mount Hood Railroad will make every effort to assign seats accordingly.
- All classes of seating can seat at least 4 people per section. Please note that if you are a party of 2 or less you may be seated across from other people.
- Weather may vary dramatically during your trip, so we recommend that you wear layers of clothing or bring along a jacket. Sturdy shoes with ankle support and closed toed shoes are best for train safety. We strongly discourage sandals, flip-flops, high healed dress shoes, or other non-protective footwear. If you choose to wear the footwear described above, you do so at your own risk.
- Food and Beverage Concessions are available on board the Excursion train for purchase. On most Dinner or Brunch trains, food is included in your tickets price. Please read the menu carefully. If you have any dietary concerns please contact reservations at 1-800-872-4661.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the Excursion trains and some special event trains. Please note there is a full service lounge aboard the Dinner and Brunch trains featuring local wines, beer and cocktails for purchase. Passengers are not allowed to board the trains with their own alcoholic beverages. The only exception to this would be a bottle of unopened wine on the Dinner or Brunch train. A corkage fee will apply. Please inquire when making your reservation.
- We accept cash and all major credit cards onboard our trains.
- Restrooms are located throughout the train and in the depot.
- Attendants are onboard to serve you.
- The Mount Hood Railroad adheres to all ADA standards. Much of our equipment is historic and access is therefore limited. Guests who wish to receive special assistance are required to inform the reservations or ticket agent NO LESS THAN 48 hours prior to departure. To ease seating and accommodations, it is recommended that you alert our agent at the time of booking. Not all train cars are wheel chair accessible.
CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
If for some reason you wish to reschedule or cancel your reservation, you must call 1-800-872-4661, 48 hours prior to the departure of your scheduled trip. If a cancellation is made more than 48 hours prior to departure a full refund will be given. There are no refunds given if a cancellation is made after the 48 hour deadline. The conditions do not apply to groups, charters, or non-scheduled trains and special instructions will apply. There are NO refunds issued for Polar Express™.